Blurb

The shoes didn't fit. It was an omen.













Friday, May 30, 2014

Celebrate the Small Things




It is the last Friday in May to Celebrate the Small Things with VikLit, at Scribblings of an Aspiring Author .

So this week I celebrate:

1. The Sweetman is home. Yay! But he must forge ahead to learn a new way of eating to prevent kidney stones and now to keep his blood sugar level.

I believe he can do it! I'm here to help him.

And thank you everyone for your prayers, positive thoughts, and well wishes. God is good and very real. 

2. Two Sundays ago, I spent a couple of hours at a water park with my grandson. He's getting so big.




3. My garden is doing great even though I've had to hand pollinate my squash and zucchini. I've even lost some.


We ate these for dinner the other night. The Swiss Chard has been mega plenty everyday. I've been using it in my daily smoothie.

One tomato plant died from some black fungus. But my other one survived and is lush and green. It's sprouting flowers.

My green pepper plant is doing outstanding. And I have jalapeños coming out the wazoo.

4. My crit partner got her computer back. Yay!

5. This week, I actually got 3 whole hours of writing time in on Killer Stilettos. Slowly but surely. Right?

6. I will also be participating in The Write Club. Click on the link to find out more.


I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. Happy Shabbats if you practice!

Hugs and chocolate, all!
Shelly

35 comments:

  1. Good for your husband. Hopefully there's more smooth sailing ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear your hubby is on the mend. Your little grandson is really getting big. I will probably only do tomatoes this year. I'm getting a little worried because of all the rain we've had here. Congrats on your entry to The Write Club. I'm too chicken to enter it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shelly,

    Thanks for dropping by my blog today. I see we do share a love of digging in the dirt! Celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I planted some greens - I think the ants ate them all. Nothing came up. I think I'm going to skip it this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm the world's worst gardner, so that you grew anything is impressive to me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good news about your husband!

    Your grandson is adorable.

    Three whole hours of writing is awesome when life is a hectic as yours seems to be.

    I just put out my tomato plants. It's been too cold still to put them out before now. Here's hoping they survive!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been seeing the Write Club around a lot lately. Checking it out. Your grandson is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Submissions end at midnight today.

      Delete
  8. Happy to hear things have been going well for you. It's about time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to hear things are looking up.

    I'm envious of your garden!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good to see it's going your way.
    Now, cue embarrassment: what are those yellow vegetables in the photo? We rarely see anything more exotic than potatoes over here.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a lot of really good news, especially about the Sweetman's recovery. Congrats on surviving and thriving plants! Yay for your CP's computer and your writing time, and good luck with Write Club!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay for the squashes! I've always had bad luck with fungus and tomatoes. It looks like your grandson had tons of fun at the water park.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Florida is notorious for plant fungus. I mix things up with milk, coffee, Epsom salts and neem oil.

      The grandbaby loves the water park.

      Delete
  13. What an upbeat post. Good news about your beloved. A fun time with your grandson. Veggies mostly looking good.

    Have fun with that Write Club thing. See you when it's over.

    A lovely weekend to you and your family.

    Gary

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad hubby home and on the mend. The celebration of your garden sounds wonderful. We've certainly done our fair share of hand pollinating when were doing aquaponics....
    Tina @ Life is Good
    On the Open Road! @ Join us for the 4th Annual Post-Challenge Road Trip!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your squash look great! I haven't even planted anything. May was ridiculous weather. Now it's better. Hope your husband will remain stone-free! And what a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lorelei. Now we need to get his sugar under control.

      The grandbaby is doing good.

      Delete
  16. Your little guy looks like he's having a great time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He loved it so much, he threw a tantrum when we had to leave.

      Delete
  17. Your grandson is adorable! Glad to hear your husband is home and on the mend.
    ~Katie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Slowly but surely has been my writing motto lately. My author visits and day work has been keeping me busy but I'm hoping to get back to my blog and novel this week and over the summer. The Swiss Chard sounds scrumptious for a smoothie. I made one with kale, spinach, lemon, pineapple and cucumber over the weekend. I like to juice everything first and then throw the juice in the blender with ice for 10-15 seconds. Sometimes, I add a banana or protein...so good!
    I hope your muse continues to stay with you and you get even more time to write! And I believe in the power of prayer so I will keep your family in my thoughts, Shelly.

    ReplyDelete

I'm dying to know what you think.