Blurb

The shoes didn't fit. It was an omen.













Friday, July 11, 2014

Celebrate the Small Things: Bombs!

This week I've been greatly distracted. I'm thankful for the writing time I've had this week. Almost every quiet moment I've had, has been spent in prayer. 

Tuesday, while I was working on a scene in Killer Atilettos, thunder boomers and lightning surrounded my neighborhood. While I was experiencing this my daughter, No-No and her husband, Ya'akov, we're running to their safe room, while sirens were sounded and rockets were being fired into Israel.

They live in Bene A'yish. It's tucked between Tel Aviv and Jerusalem.

Yesterday morning, No-No watched eight rockets shoot over her neighborhood. The Iron Dome intercepted each one.

So today, I celebrate my daughter and son-in-laws safety. I also celebrate that God is with them and all of Israel and all the innocent, this includes the Palestinians. They are Hamas's puppets.

This post was brought to you by VikLit, at Scribblings of an Inspiring Author.

Thank You, Lord of Hosts! I thank you that You are Israel's Protector and Fortress! I thank You that you are their Deliverer and that You are an Almighty God!

Hugs and chocolate, all!
Shelly

16 comments:

  1. Whoa! That is too close. Prayers for your daughter and her family's safety.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Alex. I've been praying a lot. It does work. While these rockets were passing over her, I was wide awake praying not knowing this was happening. It was in the middle of the night in America when it was daytime in Israel. God woke me up. I know He did.

      Delete
  2. Continued prayers for their safety...and for you and Sir Poops.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shelly you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cindi. Prayer is a force to reckon with.

      Delete
  4. Shelly, prayers for your daughter, son-in-law and all the people of Israel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It will be our prayers that will fight and defeat HaMas.

      Delete
  5. It's such a mess over there right now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Shelly,

    Peace to us all. We are citizens of the earth and time to stop the fighting amongst humanity. Peaceful, hopeful thoughts to your daughter and her husband.

    Gary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gary:

      Thank you. Maybe we should throw all the world leaders into a wrestling ring and let them all duke it out.

      Delete
  7. I keep forgetting you have this blog. I am so interested in the gud dug blog.
    I will also keep you daughter her family in my heart. As I do with you and your family. I will light a candle against the darkness.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, parsnip. There is always so much darkness.

      Delete
  8. That is so scary Shelly! No wonder you were in prayer all week! May God continue to bless and watch over your daughter and her husband.
    ~Katie

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a terrible mess, and it seems to be growing messier and more terrible by the day. May you and your family be safe. May the innocents be spared.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a stressful time for all of you! I'm glad everybody is okay!

    ReplyDelete

I'm dying to know what you think.